At St. Andrew Catholic School students are offered the opportunity to participate in a wide range of extracurricular activities that promote their social, emotional, intellectual and artistic growth.
Sharing Opportunities for Academic Rigor (SOAR) Program
The Sharing Opportunities for Academic Rigor (SOAR) program provides students with rigorous academic assistance during out-of-school time hours. St. Andrew will conduct assessments each school year to identify those students who demonstrate skill gaps or need structured tutoring services to stay on target for success. The program is voluntary but each eligible student will be encouraged to participate. The program operates Tuesday and Thursday from 3:30 pm to 4:30 pm during the academic calendar year. SOAR serves children in grades K to 8 and was developed to support the academic success of every student at St. Andrew.
QUEST - Quality and Unique Experience in Study and Thought - Enrichment Program
St Andrew Catholic School is pleased to offer an after school enrichment program for those students identified with high standardized test scores entering the 4th or 5th grade. QUEST will provide both group and individual learning experiences to develop cognative skills, leadership potential, thinking abilities, and creative abilities. This extracurricular activity is by invitation only and meets once a week throughout the school year.
- There is an annual talent show where all students can showcase their God given talents.
- There is an annual Middle School Play where students may display their artistic talents.
- Students in grades 4th - 8th can join the choir, chorus, and the bell choir.
- All students have the opportunity to enter the annual Diocesan Art Show.
- Students in grades 4th -8th may volunteer as altar servers.
- Students in grades K-8 can participate in CYS sports.
- An opportunity for students to join the Boy and Girl Scouts is available at SACS.
- Students in grades 5th-8th have the opportunity to run for Student Council office.
- Students in grades 7th & 8th have the opportunity to qualify for the National Junior Honor Society.
- St. Andrew Catholic Parish offers a variety of opportunities for our students to participate in and share with members of the larger community that are members of the parish.